Monday, June 23, 2008

BlOg

So I was pretty much told that I need to post a new blog.. so here it is. Let's see what has been going on with me. I have been working, trying to deal with DJ's teething but the teeth don't want to come in. Plus, he has been sick with a bad cough, but the dr said there is nothing that they can do since he doesn't really have sinuses yet and we just have to wait it out. I HATE that.. I want my baby to feel good and not cough all the time. Over the weekend, he started his separation issues.. He wants to be near someone ALL the time. People do not have to hold him, but they have to be within touching distance from him. So, I am trying to separate from that so that he will learn that he cannot cry whenever he wants his way. He is almost 8 months old and I don't want him to be spoiled. It is so pitiful though when he cries. I don't like to see my lil man cry.

As for what I am doing this week, I am having a garage sale and working on trying to price the items and get things all set up. Not fun, but I would like the extra money for gas, stuff for DJ (you know the usual).

As for Ty, he has been busy working some OT and his regular hours and has been really tired. So we both seem to be dragging. I can't wait for the holiday coming up next week.

7 comments:

Veronica said...

Finally! Now was that so hard? ;) The teething thing stinks. Madelaine teethed with the same teeth until after she was a whole year old and they would NOT break through! Finally she fell and smacked her mouth on the coffee table and busted them through by accident. Hope your garage sale goes good. :)

DJ's Mama said...

No it was not that hard.. I promise to do better.. i wanted to steal your fifteen things but i forgot.. i will try to do that tomorrow. For real? she broke them through.. that must have hurt.. i swear dj is living off of teething tablets and motrin at night..
thanks about the garage sale.. how did yours go?

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could hang with you at your garage sale!! I LOVE to sit at garage sales and just watch what people like to buy. Do you want any more junk for the sale? I'm sure I probably have some junk lying around here if you want more! Email or call me if you do.

Anyway... I feel so bad for DJ, and for you having to watch him suffer. That's just got to be such torture for you.

Allison said...

Poor little D!! And he doesn't even know that this is just the beginning of his growing pains. He's a trooper though and such a good baby, even in spite of teething. Sounds like an Aunt Allison hug is just what the doctor ordered!!! =)

DJ's Mama said...

Yea he is a great trooper especially when he keeps getting introduced to new people and places. Come on over and give him some hugs..

It is hard to watch him cry, but I am getting better at it.. not that I want him to, but I know that he has to learn to not be spoiled.

Anonymous said...

Hey, lookin' forward to coming up on Friday! Let's make us some mu-naaay...

Farrah said...

Oh sorry to hear about the teeth... I know how that is. Will we ever sleep well again? Maybe when they are in Elementary school, right?! :o)