Wednesday, November 5, 2008

One Years Old Today

Where o where did this past year go? I cannot believe that my lil baby is 1 years old today. I can remember nearly everything that happened on Nov 4, 2008 at 11:15 a.m. Most of you already know that I gave birth to him via a scheduled c-section. He came out so perfect and smiley and full of life. I was on multiple phones calling and texting people with the news while he was getting cleaned up. Unfortunately, the drugs made me so sick that I started vomitting and didn't stop until nearly 2 in the morning. That was a rough day. Ty took over RIGHT away and was holding DJ, changing, feeding, and learning all about what to do for him. My Mom said that she was so impressed that he just jumped in and knew what to do. Mom was trying to get the nurses for me while I was sick and at the same time Ty was holding my barf bucket and DJ in the other hand. Looking back it is now funny, but at the time, hecks no.. I am not a fan of puking.. But holding my son and feeding him and just watching him made the barfing and sickness so well worth it. Everyone always told me that I would forget about the pain and that the child will help you forget it. I shrugged that off throughout the whole 9 months when I was sick. But they were SO RIGHT. Sure, I know I had pain and I hated the pain then, but I could not ask for a better son. He is perfect in the way that God gave him to Ty and I and blessed us with him. I thank God for him daily and that He will keep him protected and help us to teach him to be a great Godly and respectable man and person.

Today has been a little bittersweet to me. We had a lot of fun playing with friends, coloring for the first time, going to the park, and doing some shopping. I also sang to him many versions of the "happy birthday to Dege", "it's my bday today", etc songs. At times he looked at me like I was crazy, but I think he knew that today was his special day. He is actually getting 4 special days, but that is ok. He deserves to be spoiled...

But it's still hard to think of my lil man turning one. This past year has been filled with so many emotions: stress, amazement, happiness, somberness. But I would not trade it for the world. I love DJ with my full heart and I could not imagine my life without him. I want him to know that Ty and I hope that we can be the best parents to him and that we will always be there for him and love him no matter what. I hope that he also knows that he has many others that will always love and support him as well.

Happy First Birthday to my lil man and many many more to come. I love you.

7 comments:

Veronica said...

Awww! :) And a pinch to grow an inch! :)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, DJ! You're one lucky little guy.

Farrah said...

Awe!!! Happy Birthday DJ! :o)

DJ's Mama said...

Thanks ladies. Hopefully he has one of his best weekends ever this weekend.

Allison said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Little D!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday DJ! Hard to belive you're one already.

Cian

Ian calls me Mommy! said...

Happy belated bday Dewd J! Mommy has been on the computer much, so that means I haven't been on either!!!! Aren't you amazed by how they keep saying "they grow so fast"? what do they expect us to do?!!!