Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Talking, Easter, and Boo Boos

Sorry I got a little behind on DJ’s blogs. I got caught up with things at work, facebook, Easter, and just doing other things. Here are a few new things that DJ has been doing.

My friend Lisa took some professional pics of him for Spring. He did awesome during the pics. He is quite a ham. We just have to show him a camera and he smiles. At times, he even gives cute little poses.


I love this picture, he looks a lot like his Grandpa Bill (Ty's Dad) and my Grandpa John (DJ's namesake) when they were younger.

He likes to take the step stool up to the kitchen sink and wash his hands.
He loves to brush his teeth. Heaven forbid if I say lets brush teeth and then get side tracked with a dirty diaper or something. He goes crazy. He wants to brush right then and there. I can’t complain though, at least it’s a healthy thing that he wants to do.

He holds his arms out and goes, “all gone”. A lot of times he still has food in his mouth but he laughs and loves doing it.. Its still really cute.

He got a boo boo over the weekend and he points to it and says “boo boo”.

He is talking A LOT right now. We wish that we understood all that he is saying, but unfortunately we don’t. We have conversations with him and pretend though. Some words he combines and other words he is very clear on. He does think that kitty is every animal except one or two doggies.

Here is playing in his Spongebob tin. He was trying to fit inside. Ty and I were cracking up.

He is becoming a Daddy’s boy right now. It is very hard for me, but I am trying to learn and step back and know that it is okay. I am VERY glad that Ty loves him and plays with him, but I have to admit, I get SO jealous. Ty is a great hands on Dad and I could not ask for a better Daddy for DJ, but I still can't help getting jealous. I do know that Ty is not purposely trying to get DJ away from me. At times Ty would like some extra space. But I guess he is learning what I went through over the past few months. But at least Ty gets to go to the bathroom alone. (I get to do that more now too :) ). I know that DJ loves me and likes to be with him, but it hurts when he holds his arms out for Daddy over me. Over the weekend, it got hard for Ty since we were with his family for Easter and DJ would NOT let him out of his site. Ty was trying to talk to everyone and DJ wanted held or something. He sometimes went to others or just played. DJ is getting too big for us to keep holding anyhow.

I can’t believe that he just turned 17 months on April 6th. For real the time is going by so fast. I know that I keep saying it, but its true. Its like time stops here at work and then it goes by so fast at night and on the weekends. I am trying to make the best out of it and just have fun with DJ and learn from it. He sure is teaching me patience, but I would not have it any other way.

No comments: