Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy 15 Months to My Lil Man, DJ




DJ is15 months old today and in his honor, I am going to write about 15 new updates and tidbits about him.

1. He is LOVING to walk so much that he has become Mr. Independent. He is into everything. He can stand on his tip toes, so he loves to get into drawers and pull things down. Sometimes, it is quite hard to deal with, but we are learning. We have had to let him have some fits and “cry” it out. If not, he will not stop. The first picture was him watching Daddy clean off the sidewalk and porch after the snow storm.


2. He likes to eat with his fork now. He is really good with using his fork. The spoon doesn’t work out that well, but he likes to hold his spoon while we are feeding him with another spoon. He doesn’t do it at daycare (I think that since he knows that other kids need to eat too). But at home he likes to “help”. Sometimes, he is messy but other times, he does near perfect.

3 He has the cutest laugh. We love to tickle him and getting him to laugh and giggle





  1. He colored his first picture for me the other day at daycare. Of course we have it on our fridge. Then he did his first water paint as well. It is so cute. I can’t wait to do more crafts with him.

  1. He LOVES to read his books. Ok, so he isn’t r eally reading them, but making up his own story for them, but that is ok. He is looking through and learning. Since he doesn’t really like to be read to, I will normally point to the animal or color or item in the book and tell him what the name is.

  1. He is saying more words now: kitty (sometimes kitty cat), doggie, tree, yes, juice (sometimes yes and juice sound the same), keys, momma, daddy, dad. I love the new words.

  1. He is an imitator and sometimes that scares me. He will do a lot of what everyone does around him. Part of me thinks it’s a good thing, but it worries me in school that he will be a follower and not do things on his own. So right now, we are trying to do things that are nice and gentle. Like not hit kitty, throw or kick things.

  1. He loves Luci, our kitty. He pets her, but gets rough at times so we have to tell him to be gentle and that she doesn’t like items shoved at her. He likes to “pet” the 11 week old at daycare. We say pet her since he doesn’t understand what rub her means. Well since he pets kitty, he calls the baby kitty as well. It’s so funny. Luckily her parents just laugh about it too.

  1. DJ is NOT a fan of the sun. He freaks out anytime it’s in his face in the car. He won’t keep the sunglasses on either and the window shade doesn’t work. We have ourselves a mini vampire.. :)

  1. Vampire leads me into the next tidbit, he cut himself on a light bulb (he is ok) but he LOVED to play with the blood. Ty and I were trying to get him banda ged up, but he loved to watch the blood squish out and go down the sink. It was so gross.

  1. He LOVES water. He will stand up and walk around in the bathtub and just play in it for a long time. He also LOVES to have his hands washed (only with water and not via a wet nap). I am glad that he likes water so much. I hope that he continues to like it over the summer when we play in the pool.

  1. He loves to play with remote controls. Ty gave him one of our Wii remotes and he bowled an 82. It was funny; he was just pushing buttons and clapping. He likes

    all remotes and likes to change the channel and volume. He also loves certain songs or music on TV. Like Spongebob, Dora, the weather bulletin and a few others.

  1. His new fascination is keys. He loves to take our kids and “unlock” all doors in the house. He even does the ones that don’t have a key hole. Ty’s Dad h as made him his own key ring that looks like ours. I am going to find some key chain that will play music or something for him. He loves my Michigan one that sings that fight song.

  1. Over Christmas and New Years, DJ was really sick. He was puking multiple times a day and lost close to 2 lbs. His chest x-ray said negative for pneumonia. They still are not sure what is actual sickness was, but he was given breathing treatments at the dr. office (he did pretty good with them). He was given a steroid that made him go crazy. For real, he would all of a sudden just scream out in pain or just stomp his feet. It was not a normal tantrum. So we had to change the increments of the steroid. I tell you what, I NEVER want to have to see him on that again.

  1. He loves to be around people; in fact he is a flirt. He held on to Jill’s breast while she cut his hair. Thank goodness that Jill is a close friend and didn’t mind. He will pretty much smile at anyone when we are shopping. A lady last week sat that he was a great shopper.

Man, I love my little man. I can go on and on and tell you more about him, but I need to close out this post for now. I am glad to have FINALLY updated my blog and get you updated on how DJ is doing. Thanks for reading and praying for us over the last few months (we have had some issues going on).

5 comments:

Veronica said...

I'm so glad you finally found an event worthy enough of knocking that mold of your blog! ;) Yay for DJ being as wonderful as he is. :) He is such a sweet & adorable little guy! Can you believe that by the time Courtney was his age I already had another baby??? geesh!

Allison said...

DJ is so cute when he is walking all over the place! And, yes Mr. Independent is certainly an appropriate name for him! I love to see him smile and hear him laugh. He is definitely a very happy baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 15th month b-day Dude! I can't believe how fast time is flying. Pretty soon we'll be getting more cake & presents!

Cian

DJ's Mama said...

V-
Man, I could not imagine another child right now with handling DJ. I'm quite content with one. Sometimes the one is hard for me.

Alli-
Yep, he sure is happy pretty much all the time. The dr said yesterday that yep he is a very independant lil guy.. :)

Cian-
Dude we are going to get more cake and presents.. ROCK on.. lets get some more bdays going.. :)

Anonymous said...

So he hates the sunlight and likes to play with blood? I told you you were going to have a demon child! lol... Just kidding, DJ is a sweetheart. When he becomes a teenager, he'll probably turn into a demon for real.